“SS-ALR-2015.2 – Capital Regional District – 181 Brinkworthy Road – Agricultural Land Reserve Application for Public Recreation Playing Fields – Staff Report.”
The AAPC members heard from Trust Planner Seth Wright and from Dan Ovington, Manager PARC, SSI. The members of the AAPC Commission posed well-thought out questions, Thus the AAPC established a base for a fair decision.
“It was MOVED and SECONDED, that the Salt Spring Island Agricultural Advisory Planning Commission strongly recommend that the Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee does not forward application SS-ALR-2015.2 (181 Brinkworthy Road) to the Agricultural Land Commission and recommend strengthening farmland protection on Salt Spring Island.
* The “reasoning” presented runs shallow and cannot float the “recommendation”
* Essential facts are missed or ignored.
* Contains no reference to PARC previous attempt to build these Paying fields at at Furness Road.
* Contains no review of the 2010 Trust Staff Report on the PARC Application to build said playing fields on Furness.
* Common Law (“case law”, “precedent law”) requires reconciliation of the Brinkworthy with the Furness Staff Reports. These, as they stand, clash, and Brinkworthy Report would not likely survive evaluation in the framework established by the Furness Staff Report.