* The Trust sought to process the PARC Application secretly on October 1 and 22, 2015 so as to create a fait accompli before the people would react to it. Evidently the Trust was aware that the Sports Multiplex on Brinkworthy is unsalable.
* The Trust and the PARC were in collusion to hide the PARC Application document from the public. The Trust refused me access to it; PARC likewise and more really – they demanded a FOI! This for an application they all were aware it ought to be processed publically! Preposterous?
* The Trust processed the PARC application thus far sight unseen, (at least publicly). The Staff Reports prior to June 29, omit the PARC Application (except for sporadic out-of-context quotes). This violates the Trust obligation to process it publically. The LTC didn’t bat an eye when I brought this to their attention.
* The PARC’s tearful pleas to pass the Application because nobody would sell land to the “PARC”, (other than the deal at issue) was bogus as I demonstrated with my submission “A Driveshaft made of Spaghetti”. The Trust censored the document!
* The Trust struggled to get a delegation of authority from the ALC so they could themselves remove the Brinkworthy lands from the ALR, if the ALR would not. The LTC rescinded their referral of this plan to the ALC!
Agricultural organizations uniformly and strenuously have objected to this plan.
* The PARC & Trust hid precious precedent. PARC attempted this Sports Multiplex on Furness Road, in 2010. They had tried to sell it as a fulfilment of the PARC duty to provide the Fulford area of the Island with PARC facilities. It was objected to by seven (7) property owners who wrote a total of 13 letters of objection to destroying the ambiance of their neighborhood. PARC & Trust are now steering clear from the history of the PARC Sports Multiplex.
No, the omission is not an inadvertent oversight by Staff who have heard nothing about research, history, precedent and other essential elements of report-writing. I pointed out repeatedly this serious matter myself – each time giving me the impression that I was talking to two-by-fours. The Trustees repeating in body language after Sgt. Schultz “heard nothing, saw nothing” ...
* The Trust did not let the people see submissions, for and against Brinkworthy, as and when they were arriving, thereby suppressing democratic debate. And when they “released” the input as “appendices” to Staff Reports, it was in heaps of paper, difficult to wade through, thereby evading the public awareness debate would generate.
* The Trust hid a dozen written submissions and as many “items of correspondence” on Brinkworthy I have presented – none of these is in any of the piles of submissions tacked on the tail end of the three Staff Reports. The Trust also hid the fact that they suppressed my substantial input – if they lie once, they lie, period. We do not know if they have censored other submissions.
* The Trust refuses to tabulate and showcase public submissions in a concise form for easy recognition by the people in fulfilment of their obligation to charge the citizenry with information. The Trust has ignored (at least publicly, which is how it must consider them) submissions made through the Media.
* Supporters of the Sports Multiplex try to “get something”: Bureaucrats are after “empire building”; Sport coaches would get more facility to do what they love doing; the coached would play more ...
* All the people will be affected by the project, at least to the extend of being taxed to pay for this Sports Multiplex; many people will be affected more severely. In making presentations, the people defend themselves and their way of life, the amenities they enjoy, their investment. They do not seek to get something, they just want to protect what they have.
The Trust cannot counterweight with a likely “coached” letter of a ball player, “one-to-one”, submissions by people seeking to avoid the consequences of hyperactive players.
* Consultants will support anything you pay them to support, as Al Gore VP-USA (ret’d) has observed. There are consultants supporting cigarette smoking, celibacy, political correctness and, yes, ferry fare increases, even the Senate.
Consultants are social painkillers dispensed when the comunity body hurts and democracy fights the cause of the pain. Determined, those who cause the pain, summon Consultants to anesthetize the society until the perpetrators get their thing past Democracy.
* When the LTC told PARC to bring in the Consultants, in effect they were saying: buy us “anti-accountability certificates” (“Absolution papers” they were called in medieval times) and we will do for you what the people do not want done to their society, and which the people would not let us do if left to their own devices. (Who is Joe Q. Public to dare debate the “consultants”?).
* The last is for laughs. Park offers a tradeoff for the removal of the Brinkworthy lands from the ALR: A patch of Duck Creek Park to be taken in the ALR but remain PARCland; and discontinue illegally using ALR land, in Fulford, for a sport field. It is like attempting trading a stolen bicycle for a Harley Davidson.